The District Nursing Service provides a broad range of home based services to people in Beechworth, Yackandandah and surrounding areas.
People of all ages can be referred to the District Nursing Service via a phone call from yourself, a carer, friend, GP, other health services, home care packages, NDIS or via My Aged Care.
A District Nurse can assist with:
- Wound management
- Medication monitoring, management and education
- Diabetes education, support and management
- Stomal and catheter care
- General health monitoring and education
- Health assessments, service advice and referrals
- Showering/hygiene assessments
- Advance Care Planning
- Advice and assistance with referrals to other services
- Palliative care support
- Hospital in the Home
- Short term support
Monday to Friday
7:30am – 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday
8:00am -12:00pm with some flexibility
*Public Holidays are limited to vital care needs only.